Take 15 minutes to make your own homemade CBD-infused protein bars for the perfect post-workout snack.
Juggling training routines and proper nutrition with regular life responsibilities can be challenging. If you’re like most athletes, you’ve found it crucial to plan out your meals ahead of time so that you get the nutrients you need to continue to physically perform at your best.
Here’s how you can add your daily serving of CBD into a healthy protein bar that works perfect as a recovery snack.
Benefits of a CBD-Infused Protein Bar
After a strenuous training session or workout, a CBD-infused protein bar can help your body recover more quickly. Packed with protein and infused with all-natural CBD isolate, this bar will help support your body as it recovers and returns back to homeostasis.
While protein is essential to everyone’s normal functions, it is a particularly crucial nutrient for athletes and fitness enthusiasts because it is responsible for healing and building muscle tissue. Eating high-quality protein shortly after exercise enhances muscle repair and growth so that you can perform at a high level again the next day.
CBD has quickly become a highly sought-after product for athletes looking to naturally boost performance and encourage faster recovery. CBD is an all-natural compound found in cannabis plants like hemp. It supports the performance of your endocannabinoid system, a major regulatory network that keeps crucial functions — like metabolism, energy balance, and immune function, and much more — running at their best.
Pack a CBD protein bar in your gym bag or keep one in your locker so that it’s there after training when you need it. CBD protein bars can also be used as a nutritious and balancing snack between meals, or even as a quick breakfast for those mornings when you’re rushing out the door.
Most protein bars on the market contain added sugars, unhealthy fats, and other ingredients that are not so good for you. Making your own homemade CBD protein bar gives you full control over all the ingredients while also adding the natural balancing properties of CBD.
How to Make Your Own CBD Protein Bar
Making your own CBD-infused protein bar is quick and easy using Dixie Botanicals® CBD Isolate. Made from award-winning hemp-derived CBD oil, our CBD Isolate is a fine white powder containing 99% pure CBD, ideal for maximizing CBD intake. It is both odor and flavor free, making it perfect for adding into foods.
The protein in this tasty energy bar comes from nutritious peanut butter and hemp protein powder, two incredible and high-quality sources of protein. Peanut butter provides about 8 grams per 2 tablespoon serving, while hemp protein powder will give you about 15 grams of protein per 1/4 cup, depending on the brand.
These CBD-infused peanut butter energy bars are so easy to make. They take about 15 minutes of prep time and require zero baking. This recipe will make approximately 24 square-shaped bars.
Before diving in, you’ll want to consider how much CBD you want each of your protein bars to contain. This is key for knowing how much CBD Isolate to add to the recipe.
Keep in mind that Dixie Botanicals® CBD Isolate comes in a 1-gram jar and is 99% pure CBD. This means each milligram of the powder represents close to a milligram of active CBD. This recipe makes about 24 bars, so if you want each bar to contain 10 mg CBD, you should add 240 mg of CBD. You can increase or decrease the amount of Dixie Botanicals® CBD Isolate you add, depending on how much CBD you want in each bar.
Ready to get started? Here’s all you’ll need:
- 240 mg Dixie Botanicals® CBD Isolate (or your desired amount)
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 30-gram scoops of hemp protein powder
- ½ cup coconut flour
- Line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Use a double boiler to soften the peanut butter. Place about 1 to 2 inches of water in the bottom pan, set to low-to-medium heat. Pour the peanut butter into the top pan of the double boiler.
- Once the peanut butter is soft enough to stir, add Dixie Botanicals® CBD Isolate and stir until thoroughly combined.
- In a mixing bowl, combine coconut flour and hemp protein powder.
- Pour the CBD-infused peanut butter into a mixing bowl with dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the combined batter into your lined baking dish and press firmly in place.
- Add chocolate chips to small saucepan and heat on low until melted but not hot. Pour over bars and spread with a spatula to evenly coat.
- Stick the baking pan in the refrigerator until batter and chocolate are firm, at least one hour.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and use any type of knife to cut into square-shaped bars.
- Enjoy your CBD protein bars! Store any remaining bars in the refrigerator.