Looking for a great way to add CBD into your sports nutrition plan? Here’s how you can make your own CBD-infused peanut butter.
As more and more athletes begin to incorporate daily CBD into their training regimen, it’s not surprising that many have come to prefer adding their daily serving into their pre- and post-workout meals.
If you’re like most athletes, peanut butter is a staple in your meal plans. Now you can add your daily CBD into the peanut butter you eat every day.
What is CBD Peanut Butter?
CBD peanut butter is natural peanut butter that’s been infused with CBD. CBD, or cannabidiol, is the most abundant of the over 100 cannabinoids found in hemp. Used by athletes of all levels, the highly sought after compound interacts with your body’s native systems to help you perform at your best, without causing any euphoric effects.
You can easily make your own CBD-infused peanut butter at home using Dixie Botanicals® CBD Isolate. The most potent CBD product on the market, CBD Isolate removes all of the oils, waxes, chlorophyll, and other plant material in CBD oil, leaving behind 99 percent pure powdered CBD. Each 1-gram jar contains 990 mg of CBD, which can be broken down into specific servings of any size. CBD Isolate is a popular type of CBD product among athletes because it gives you full control over how much CBD to deliver to your system.
CBD Isolate is completely odor and flavor free, which means as with regular peanut butter, CBD peanut butter is tasty enough to enjoy on its own, blend into smoothies, or spread onto toast.
Benefits of CBD-Infused Peanut Butter
You’re likely already familiar with the benefits of peanut butter for an athlete. No matter whether you’re a professional or a weekend warrior, peanut butter can be an important component to an eating plan designed to boost performance.
Often referred to as “a sports superfood,” peanut butter is an excellent source of protein and healthy fats, nutrients necessary for effective repairing and rebuilding of muscle tissue and for quelling hunger. Because of these benefits, over recent years, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches have even become a meal “go-to” for players in the NBA.
With CBD-infused peanut butter, you can add the natural balancing properties of CBD to peanut butter’s nutrient powerhouse. CBD promotes balance by interacting with your endocannabinoid system, a signaling network in charge of regulating a wide array of your bodily functions.
A proper functioning endocannabinoid system is crucial for not only maintaining health, but for performing at your best athletically and recovering efficiently. That’s why athletes use CBD both before and after training and competitions. By interacting with cannabinoid receptors, CBD stimulates your endocannabinoid system and boosts its efforts to keep your body balanced and running at its best.
How to Make CBD-Infused Peanut Butter
Making CBD peanut butter is quick and simple.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 16 oz. jar of peanut butter (ideally natural peanut butter)
- Dixie Botanicals® CBD Isolate
- Double boiler
Before getting started, you’ll want to figure out how much CBD you’re looking to infuse into your peanut butter. If you’re making a full 16 oz. jar of CBD peanut butter, know that if you add the full 1-gram jar of CBD isolate, that CBD peanut butter will contain a total of 990 mg of CBD. There are 32 tablespoons in 16 ounces, so in this example, each tablespoon would contain nearly 31 mg of CBD. You can increase or decrease the amount of Dixie Botanicals® CBD Isolate you add, depending on how much CBD you want to take.
Once you’ve figured out your ideal CBD potency, here’s how to make CBD peanut butter, step-by-step:
- Place about 1 to 2 inches of water in the bottom pan of the double boiler. Place the pan on the stove, set to low-to-medium heat.
- Place the top pan of the double boiler onto the bottom pan.
- Open the jar of peanut butter. Pour only the oil that has separated and formed at the top into the top pan of the double boiler. Scoop the remaining peanut butter into a large bowl. If your peanut butter doesn’t have oil at its top, use a tablespoon of another type of oil in the double boiler, such as peanut oil.
- Add the CBD Isolate powder to the oil in the top pan of the double boiler.
- Stir gently until the CBD Isolate is fully dissolved.
- Remove double boiler from heat and allow CBD peanut butter to cool slightly.
- Pour the CBD-infused oil into the bowl of peanut butter. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Scoop the CBD-infused peanut butter back into the original jar. Keep in a cool area.
How to Incorporate CBD Peanut Butter Into Your Routine
Once you’ve made your CBD-infused peanut butter, you can incorporate it into your daily nutritional routine like you would regular peanut butter.
Great for both pre-competition and post-competition meals, CBD peanut butter is versatile and tasty and can be incorporated into both sweet and savory foods.
Here are some ideas:
- Use it as a dip for sliced apples.
- Stir it into your morning oatmeal.
- Spread it onto toast and top with sliced bananas.
- Add it to your recovery protein shake.
- Try it on whole-wheat crackers.
The possibilities for adding CBD peanut butter into your sports nutritional plan are nearly endless.
Where to Get CBD to Make CBD Peanut Butter