Infuse high-quality CBD into this nutrient-rich beverage to get you fired up and feeling good in 2019.
If you’re like most people, the last few weeks posed a true challenge to stick with your healthy eating plan. Sometimes holiday season food cravings can be impossible to resist.
If you spent the holidays overindulging or perhaps are just feeling sluggish, consider incorporating a CBD-infused green detox beverage into your day.
Packed with vegetables and infused with hemp CBD, this nutrient-rich green beverage can help flush you out and encourage balance in your systems as you take on your goals for 2019.
How to Make a CBD-Infused Green Detox Beverage
Infusing a green detox beverage with the balancing properties of CBD is simple with Dixie Botanicals® CBD Isolate.
CBD isolate is a fine white powder containing 99% CBD. With no odor or flavor, CBD isolate integrates seamlessly into foods and beverages, including this healthy green juice recipe.
- 10 mg (or desired amount) Dixie Botanicals® CBD Isolate
- 2 kale leaves
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, peeled,
- 1 green apple, chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
If using a blender to make a green smoothie, add all the above ingredients except for CBD isolate to a blender along with 1-cup cold water. Blend until mixture is smooth. Stir in CBD isolate and serve immediately.
If using a juicer to make a green juice, add all of the above ingredients except for CBD isolate to a juicer and process. Pour the beverage into a glass and then stir in your CBD isolate.
Benefits of CBD Green Juice
The CBD found in this green detox beverage recipe encourages balance in your major functions by supporting your endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system is a major regulatory network that keeps crucial functions – such as mood, metabolism, immune system function, memory, and more – running at their best.
As a hemp-derived cannabinoid, CBD is able to interact with the endocannabinoid system’s receptors, called cannabinoid receptors. This interaction stimulates the endocannabinoid system, and encourages it to better keep functions balanced.
In addition to CBD, this detox drink is chock full of nutrients that help boost immunity, rid your body of free radicals, and encourage wellness.
- Kale, parsley, green apples, celery, and lemons are great sources of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that also is important for the formation of collagen and immune function.
- Kale, among the nutrient-densest foods on the planet, also supports healthy cholesterol, is an incredible source of vitamins A and K, and provides the antioxidant flavonoids quercetin and kaempferol.
- Cucumbers boost hydration and provide antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients. As a member of the Cucurbitaceae family of plants, cucumbers contain high levels of cucurbitacins, which fight cancer.
- Loaded with nutrients and antioxidants, spinach contains high amounts of carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, iron, and calcium.
- In addition to being high in fiber, green apples offer calcium and vitamin A.
- Celery contains impressive amounts of vitamin K, as well as folate, potassium, and flavonoids, which are phytonutrients with powerful antioxidant properties.
Consider incorporating this CBD green juice into your routine in 2019. Along with healthy heating, exercise, and quality sleep, this homemade CBD beverage will help get you to your best.
More on CBD
If you’re new to CBD and interested in learning more about how the cannabinoid can help keep you balanced, read through our educational articles on our Dixie Botanicals® blog.
You can get the Dixie Botanicals® CBD Isolate you need to make your own CBD-infused green detox beverage, as well as our complete line of high-quality CBD products, through our online shop.